As little as a couple of hours! The Application Form takes 2 mins. You’ll talk to one of our team for 20 mins. If everything is in order we’ll send you the Learner Agreement & Funding Agreement, which you can digitally sign.
- Completion of at least NCEA Level 2 Maths and English
- The capacity to commit to 15-20 hours per week of after-hours labs and self-study
- A way to fund the course fee – either via one of our scholarships, or a loan from one of our two loan partners
- A computer, headset (or speakers and microphone) and a quite place to join the labs/ study
60% of our learners to date are the same as you. We’ll help develop the patterns and disciplines to succeed with adult study, and ,ay get you to do our 6 week Ignite programme first, to get you up to speed for the Switch-Up programme.
Depending on when this occurs, you’ll owe a portion of the course fee, which is laid out clearly in our Leaner Agreement.
All of our coaches, as well as other leaners in your group! We have Kaitiaki – special wellbeing coaches who will support you both personally and professionally, to work through any challenges that arise during the programme, and even some challenges you’ve carried from your past.
Everything expected of you in terms of performance, values, and positive behaviours will be clear at all times. Our coaches will support you, and push you where necessary, to meet these continually.
We have three types based upon who provides funding for these:
- Māori learners – those who whakapapa (have lineage) to the iwi (tribes) of the land.
- Pasifika learners – thos who whakapapa to the Pacific Islands.
- All New Zealand citizens can also apply for scholarships funded directly by Rea. We will select those applicants we believe are best suited to this funding.
Simply state your funding method in the application form. And we’ll work with you to sort out the rest of the details! This may include proof of whakapapa.
There are two ways to pay:
- Upfront – you have funds available to pay the course fee via bank transfer. Multiple payments are possible.
- With a loan from one of our partners – Good Shepard / BNZ and Harmoney.
Firstly you need to meet the performance expectations at all times. Assuming you do we’ll guarantee getting you into a job within 6 months of completing the 18 week Academy, otherwise we’ll refund you half of your course fee.
Rea has practical, real-world skills programmes. We work with employers to design curricula that meet their needs for people to be confident, and productive as soon as they start work. We make sure that both our employers and learners get what they need to enjoy successful work relationships.
We prepare all of our learners to be Business Analysts / Functional Analysts, with a structured technologist mindset, and a selection of practical technical skills across a couple of platforms including Microsoft PowerPlatform, Microsoft Dynamics, and ServiceNow. Jobs include:
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst/ Consultant
- Functional Analyst/ Consultant (Microsoft PowerPlatform or Microsoft Dynamics or ServiceNow.
- Technical Analyst/ Consultant (Microsoft PowerPlatform or Microsoft Dynamics or ServiceNow.
- Service Desk Engineer (Level 1)
- Technical Support Engineer (Level 1-3)
- Software Tester / Test Analyst
- Agile Coach
We have a huge range of employers – both companies that run technology businesses / consultancies, and large employers that have technology teams. New employer partners are signing up to partner every week. Current employers:
- Auckland Council
- The Warehouse Group
- Whānau Tahi
- Department of Internal Affairs
- Tainui Group Holdings
- St John
No. Rea is an impact enterprise – a for profit organisation whose purpose is to create social impact.
You’ll get employed directly by an employer on a fixed-term basis for 12 weeks. While you’re with them they’ll teach the skills needed to contribute. At the same time you’ll gradually do more productive work / tasks in their business. Pay for this phase is set at the living wage ($23.65 as at Sep 2022 increase).